Alabama's Sarkisian undergoes successful heart procedure
- Star PSU LB Parsons opts out of season
- ND opens ACC play vs. Duke; no Navy game
- Ray Lewis' sons to transfer to Kentucky
- UConn first FBS team to cancel season
- Penn State not expecting fans for games
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian has undergone a procedure to correct a congenital cardiovascular anomaly.
The university said in a statement Tuesday that the anomaly was uncovered in an annual executive physical last week. Sarkisian had what the school described as a successful procedure Thursday, July 2 in Birmingham.
The former USC and Washington head coach is recuperating at home in Tuscaloosa and is expected to make a full recovery.
Sarkisian returned to Alabama last season after two years in the same role for the NFL's Atlanta Falcons.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated July 7, 2020