Transfer WR Sean Ryan ruled immediately eligible at WVU
- No. 3 Georgia fends off No. 7 Notre Dame
- Pitt's trick play ends UCF's 25-game run
- No. 13 Badgers trounce No. 11 Michigan
- No. 8 Auburn holds off No. 17 Texas A&M
- Burrow sets LSU record with 6 TD passes
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) The NCAA has granted immediately eligibility to West Virginia wide receiver Sean Ryan.
West Virginia coach Neal Brown announced the approval Friday.
Ryan is a sophomore who transferred to West Virginia from Temple in May. The Owls underwent two head coaching changes after the end of the 2018 regular season.
The 6-foot-4 Ryan had 12 receptions for 162 yards and one touchdown as a freshman at Temple. He will be counted on to help shore up a West Virginia receiving unit that lost playmakers David Sills, Gary Jennings and Marcus Simms.
West Virginia opens the season at home Aug. 31 against FCS' James Madison.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated August 23, 2019