Michigan State's Hartbarger and Sowards granted 6th season
- Alabama, Georgia top SEC media picks
- Millen back to booth after transplant
- Ex-Arkansas OL Petrus dies at 32
- Ohio St. with uncertainty at QB, coach
- Harbaugh hints at playing outside US
The school announced Thursday both players will be eligible to play next season.
Hartbarger had a season-ending leg injury in the second game of last season at Arizona State after being a three-year starter. He has averaged 42.1 yards per punt, ranking seventh in school history. Sowards started in four of 13 games last year and finished with 18 receptions for 201 yards, a year after missing an entire season with a torn knee ligament.
Michigan State opens the season Aug. 30 at home against Tulsa.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/tag/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated May 9, 2019