Cancer to keep Nebraska aide Jovan Dewitt out part of spring
- Vols QB Maurer a game-time call vs. Tide
- MSU WR Chambers enters transfer portal
- No. 9 Florida opens decisive SEC stretch
- Irish still in CFP hunt, but need help
- Malzahn, Morris put friendships on hold
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) Nebraska outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator Jovan Dewitt has been throat cancer and won't work full-time during spring practice.
Cornhuskers coach Scott Frost said Wednesday night on his statewide radio show that Dewitt's prognosis is good and that he's "fighting a good fight right now."
Dewitt is entering his fourth season on Frost's staff after serving as associate head coach, linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at Central Florida in 2016-17.
Nebraska begins spring practice Monday.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated February 27, 2019