Cancer to keep Nebraska aide Jovan Dewitt out part of spring
- Talented QBs hope to unseat Tide in SEC
- Bowlsby: Big 12 will remain 10 teams
- Sooners again in Big 12 media spotlight
- Orgeron expecting more progress from LSU
- Mullen hoping Gators take another leap
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) Nebraska outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator Jovan Dewitt has been throat cancer and won't work full-time during spring practice.
Cornhuskers coach Scott Frost said Wednesday night on his statewide radio show that Dewitt's prognosis is good and that he's "fighting a good fight right now."
Dewitt is entering his fourth season on Frost's staff after serving as associate head coach, linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at Central Florida in 2016-17.
Nebraska begins spring practice Monday.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated February 27, 2019