Dismissed Arkansas forward Osabuohien transfers to WVU
- NCAA: Memphis' Wiseman to return Jan. 12
- UNC's Anthony has near triple-double
- No. 2 Louisville rallies by USC Upstate
- No. 16 Memphis wins after Wiseman ruling
- Vols roll to 29th straight home win
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) Former Arkansas forward Gabe Osabuohien has transferred to West Virginia.
West Virginia coach Bob Huggins announced the transfer of Osabuohien (Oh-sah-BOY-en) on Wednesday. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Arkansas coach Eric Musselman dismissed Osabuohien from the Razorbacks last week without disclosing the reason.
The 6-foot-8 Osabuohien played in 54 games with eight starts in two seasons with Arkansas. He averaged 2.4 points and 2.5 rebounds per game over his career.
Huggins says Osabuohien "can come in and can make an immediate impact to our team defensively."
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated August 21, 2019