Dismissed Arkansas forward Osabuohien transfers to WVU
- No. 13 Memphis, No. 14 Ducks in Portland
- Wake loses F Okeke for rest of season
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Winthrop stuns No. 18 Saint Mary's 61-59
- Vanderbilt moves to 2-0 under Stackhouse
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) Former Arkansas forward Gabe Osabuohien has transferred to West Virginia.
West Virginia coach Bob Huggins announced the transfer of Osabuohien (Oh-sah-BOY-en) on Wednesday. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Arkansas coach Eric Musselman dismissed Osabuohien from the Razorbacks last week without disclosing the reason.
The 6-foot-8 Osabuohien played in 54 games with eight starts in two seasons with Arkansas. He averaged 2.4 points and 2.5 rebounds per game over his career.
Huggins says Osabuohien "can come in and can make an immediate impact to our team defensively."
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated August 21, 2019