Dismissed Arkansas forward Osabuohien transfers to WVU
- Top hoops prospect picks HBCU Howard
- UCLA AD Jarmond faces many challenges
- Third party to hear Kansas hoops case
- Sankey: Uniform federal NIL law needed
- Sooners cut $13.7M from athletics budget
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) Former Arkansas forward Gabe Osabuohien has transferred to West Virginia.
West Virginia coach Bob Huggins announced the transfer of Osabuohien (Oh-sah-BOY-en) on Wednesday. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Arkansas coach Eric Musselman dismissed Osabuohien from the Razorbacks last week without disclosing the reason.
The 6-foot-8 Osabuohien played in 54 games with eight starts in two seasons with Arkansas. He averaged 2.4 points and 2.5 rebounds per game over his career.
Huggins says Osabuohien "can come in and can make an immediate impact to our team defensively."
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated August 21, 2019