UNC Asheville ousts Stephen F. Austin 80-68 in CBI
- Preseason No. 1 UNC drops out of AP poll
- Late run gets No. 18 Gonzaga by Kent St.
- No. 22 San Diego St. wins test from Troy
- Edey has 31 and 22, Purdue rips Gophers
- Arizona bounces back to beat winless Cal
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) Drew Pember tossed in 17 points as UNC Asheville knocked off Stephen F. Austin 80-68 in the first round of the College Basketball Invitational on Saturday.
Tajion Jones added 16 points for the Bulldogs (17-14). Jamon Battle finished with 15 points, while LJ Thorpe scored 11.
Sadaidriene Hall and Gavin Kensmil both had 13 points for the Lumberjacks (22-10). Nigel Hawkins scored 12.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Portions of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 19, 2022