Akot scores 22 to carry Boise State past Nevada 71-69
- New Mexico St. bans Peake after shooting
- Preseason No. 1 UNC drops out of AP poll
- Late run gets No. 18 Gonzaga by Kent St.
- No. 22 San Diego St. wins test from Troy
- Edey has 31 and 22, Purdue rips Gophers
LAS VEGAS (AP) Emmanuel Akot had 22 points as Boise State edged past Nevada 71-69 in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Conference tournament on Thursday.
Marcus Shaver Jr. had 15 points and eight rebounds for Boise State (25-7). Abu Kigab added 11 points and six assists.
Shaver gave Boise State a 71-64 lead with 2:29 remaining.
Grant Sherfield had 25 points and six assists for the Wolf Pack (13-18). Desmond Cambridge Jr. added 16 points and six rebounds. Warren Washington had 13 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 10, 2022