Walker lifts Texas Southern past Jackson St. 54-50 in SWAC
- Preseason No. 1 UNC drops out of AP poll
- Edey has 31 and 22, Purdue rips Gophers
- Arizona bounces back to beat winless Cal
- Nebraska deals Creighton 3rd loss in row
- No. 19 Kentucky beats Michigan in London
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) John Walker III came off the bench to score 14 points to lift second-seeded Texas Southern to a 54-50 win over seventh-seeded Jackson State in the Southwestern Athletic Conference tournament quarterfinals on Wednesday.
Yahuza Rasas had 10 points for Texas Southern (16-12). Brison Gresham added seven rebounds.
Jayveous McKinnis had 15 points, 13 rebounds and three blocks for Jackson State (11-19). Ken Evans Jr. added 10 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 9, 2022