Shungu, Davis lead Vermont past NJIT 98-59 in America East
- New Mexico St. bans Peake after shooting
- Preseason No. 1 UNC drops out of AP poll
- Late run gets No. 18 Gonzaga by Kent St.
- No. 22 San Diego St. wins test from Troy
- Edey has 31 and 22, Purdue rips Gophers
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) Ben Shungu had 15 points to lead six Vermont players in double figures as the Catamounts routed NJIT 98-59 in the America East Conference tourney quarterfinals on Sunday.
Ryan Davis added 13 points for the Catamounts (26-5). Kam Gibson chipped in 12, Nick Fiorillo scored 12 and Aaron Deloney had 11. Davis also had seven rebounds.
Vermont scored 50 second-half points, a season best for the team.
Miles Coleman had 22 points for the Highlanders (11-18). Matt Faw added 11 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 6, 2022