Williams leads Robert Morris over Cornell 98-89 in OT in CIT
- No. 1 Gonzaga rallies to beat No. 11 WVU
- No. 2 Baylor surges past No. 5 Illinois
- Texas tops UNC, wins Maui on hoop at 0.1
- Illinois St. scores 177, 4th-most in D-I
- Missouri fends off No. 21 Oregon
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP) Josh Williams had 36 points to out-duel Jimmy Boeheim and lift Robert Morris to a 98-89 overtime win over Cornell in the first round of the CIT on Tuesday night. Boeheim led the Big Red with a career-high 31 points.
Matt Morgan had 24 points, including the game-tying shot at the end of regulation, for the Big Red (15-16).
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 19, 2019