Davis scores 28 to carry Charlotte over Rice 78-70
- Duke up to No. 1, Kentucky drops to 9th
- UConn G Bouknight granted probation
- No. 15 Florida falls to UConn 62-59
- Hot-shooting Louisville easily wins
- Powell leads Seton Hall by Saint Louis
HOUSTON (AP) Jon Davis had 28 points as Charlotte topped Rice 78-70 on Saturday night.
Malik Martin had 16 points for Charlotte (8-21, 5-13 Conference USA). Dravon Mangum added 11 points. Cooper Robb had 11 points for the visitors.
The 49ers registered their first win in three tries against the Owls this season. In the most recent matchup, Rice defeated Charlotte 79-70 last Wednesday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 9, 2019