Wojcik scores 17 to lift Fairfield past Marist 69-66
- No. 17 Illini rally by No. 2 Texas in OT
- New Mexico St. bans Peake after shooting
- Francis scores 14 as No. 1 Houston rolls
- No. 3 Virginia avoids upset to JMU
- Wisconsin hands No. 13 Maryland 1st loss
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) Jake Wojcik posted 17 points to lead Fairfield past Marist 69-66 on Sunday.
Taj Benning had 16 points for the Stags (9-10, 3-5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who snapped a seven-game losing streak. Supreme Cook added 13 points and nine rebounds.
Ricardo Wright had 19 points for the Red Foxes (8-9, 3-5). Samkelo Cele added 16 points.
The Stags evened the season series against the Red Foxes. Marist defeated Fairfield 60-51 on Jan. 7.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Portions of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 23, 2022