Flagg sparks Sam Houston past Stephen F Austin 49-41
- No. 10 Indiana beats No. 18 UNC, now 7-0
- Filipowski lifts No. 7 Duke by Ohio St.
- Edey has 25 as No. 5 Purdue beats FSU
- Ryan hits all 6 3s as ND routs Spartans
- No. 13 Tennessee shuts down McNeese
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) Savion Flagg totaled 19 points, six rebounds and four steals to lead Sam Houston to a 49-41 victory over Stephen F. Austin in Western Athletic Conference play on Saturday.
Jaden Ray contributed 16 points, five rebounds and three assists for the Bearkats (10-9, 5-1), but he also had six of Sam Houston's 16 turnovers.
Gavin Kensmil had 13 points and eight rebounds to pace the Lumberjacks (10-6, 2-2)
Stephen F. Austin shot just 26% (15 of 57) overall, made only 3 of 25 shots from distance, and scored just 12 points in the first half and trailed by 13.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 15, 2022