Jacksonville State beats Eastern Kentucky 76-65
- Tide's Oats gets new 6-year, $30M deal
- No. 22 SDSU beats Boise St. for MWC lead
- New bloods changing college hoops scene
- UAB ends No. 19 FAU's 20-game win streak
- Tubelis pours in 40, No. 5 Arizona rolls
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP) Jalen Gibbs scored 21 points to lead Jacksonville State to a 76-65 victory over Eastern Kentucky on Saturday night for its fifth straight win.
Gibbs made 6 of 9 from the floor with five 3-pointers. Brandon Huffman had 10 points and 13 rebounds for Jacksonville State (10-6, 3-0 ASUN). Maros Zeliznak and Demaree King added 11 points apiece.
Braxton Beverly scored 18 points for Eastern Kentucky (8-10, 0-4). Russhard Cruickshank added 10 points.
Jacksonville State plays at Central Arkansas on Tuesday. Eastern Kentucky will look to end a four-game skid, hosting Lipscomb on Tuesday.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated January 15, 2022