McCoy scores 25 to lift Boston U. over American 79-53
- Edey scores 38 as No. 1 Purdue rolls
- Bynum helps No. 23 Friars beat Villanova
- Pickett, Penn State race past Michigan
- Sherfield, Oklahoma rout No. 2 Alabama
- No. 4 Vols rule boards, top No. 10 Texas
WASHINGTON (AP) Javante McCoy had 25 points as Boston University easily defeated American 79-53 on Monday night.
Sukhmail Mathon had 19 points for Boston University (11-6, 2-2 Patriot League). Walter Whyte added 17 points.
American totaled 24 points in the second half, a season low.
Matt Rogers had 13 points for the Eagles (4-10, 0-2). Josh Alexander added 12 points. Colin Smalls had 10 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 10, 2022