Barcello, Traore lift BYU over Pacific 73-51
- Preseason No. 1 UNC drops out of AP poll
- Late run gets No. 18 Gonzaga by Kent St.
- No. 22 San Diego St. wins test from Troy
- Edey has 31 and 22, Purdue rips Gophers
- Arizona bounces back to beat winless Cal
PROVO, Utah (AP) Alex Barcello scored 15 points and BYU stretched its home win streak to seven beating Pacific 73-51 on Thursday night in a West Coast Conference opener for both teams.
Fousseyni Traore scored 12 and grabbed 11 rebounds for BYU (13-3, 1-0). The Cougars limited Pacific to a season-low 20 points after halftime.
Luke Avdalovic had 12 points for the Tigers (5-10, 0-1), whose losing streak stretched to four games.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 6, 2022