Cook scores 20 and Tulane holds off Cincinnati in 68-60
- Tide's Oats gets new 6-year, $30M deal
- No. 22 SDSU beats Boise St. for MWC lead
- New bloods changing college hoops scene
- UAB ends No. 19 FAU's 20-game win streak
- Tubelis pours in 40, No. 5 Arizona rolls
CINCINNATI (AP) Jalen Cook scored 20 points and Jaylen Forbes scored 13 and Tulane beat Cincinnati 68-60 in the Bearcats' American Athletic Conference season opener Saturday night.
The Green Wave (5-6, 2-0) built a 25-8 lead and extended the margin to 48-25 at halftime. A four-minute Tulane scoring drought down the stretch helped Cincinnati go from down 63-48 to within 63-56 with a minute left, but Cook made 3 of 4 foul shots and Quentin Scott added a layup to seal it.
Kevin Cross scored 11 for Tulane and made all seven of his foul shots.
Jeremiah Davenport scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for Cincinnati (10-4, 0-1).
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-
Updated January 1, 2022