Flagg carries Sam Houston past Lamar 75-64
- Larry Brown steps down from Memphis role
- No. 18 Zags pull away from Washington
- Iowa tops Iowa St., McCaffery wins 500th
- Holden's 3 at buzzer lifts Ohio State
- McDaniel helps Michigan rout Minnesota
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) Savion Flagg scored 22 points and Demarkus Lampley added 20 as Sam Houston beat Lamar 75-64 on Thursday night in a Western Athletic Conference opener for each team.
Donte Powers had 11 points for Sam Houston (6-8). Jaden Ray added 11 assists.
Lincoln Smith scored a career-high 20 points for the Cardinals (2-12), whose losing streak stretched to five games. C.J. Roberts added 12 points and Corey Nickerson had 10 points and nine rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated December 30, 2021