Akec scores 18 to lift Detroit past UIC 64-56
- Florida pulls away to upset No. 2 Vols
- Gillis hits 9 3s as No. 1 Purdue rolls
- No. 16 Xavier edges No. 17 Friars in OT
- Surging Marquette rallies past Villanova
- Broome has 19 and 18 as Auburn rips UGA
CHICAGO (AP) Madut Akec posted 18 points and eight rebounds as Detroit beat Illinois-Chicago 64-56 on Sunday.
Antoine Davis had 19 points for Detroit (2-6, 2-0 Horizon League). Kevin McAdoo added 10 points.
Damaria Franklin had 18 points and 14 rebounds for the Flames (2-6, 0-2), whose losing streak stretched to five games. Kevin Johnson added seven rebounds and six assists. Filip Skobalj had seven rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated December 5, 2021