Slazinski scores 20 to lead Iona over Marist 78-71
- No. 21 FAU going for 19th straight win
- Duke's Whitehead out vs. Georgia Tech
- A&M ends Auburn's 28-game home streak
- No. 2 'Bama rallies for 9th straight win
- No. 3 Houston bounces back to beat UCF
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) Quinn Slazinski had a career-high 20 points as Iona topped Marist 78-71 in a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference opener on Wednesday night.
Tyson Jolly had 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Gaels (7-2, 1-0). Ryan Myers added 11 points, while Dylan van Eyck delivered nine assists.
Jao Ituka had 19 points for the Red Foxes (2-4). Raheim Sullivan added 14 points. Samkelo Cele finished with 13 points and three blocks.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Portions of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated December 1, 2021