Domask sparks Southern Illinois past Evansville 54-52
- NCAA steering away from harsh penalties
- UK moves scrimmage to aid flood relief
- Former UCLA F-C Hill dies at 22
- 2-time champion UCLA G Lee dies at 70
- EMU's Bates charged with 2 felonies
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) Marcus Domask buried a jumper with 3 seconds left in the game and finished with 22 points to lift Southern Illinois over Evansville 54-52 in a Missouri Valley Conference opener on Wednesday night.
Ben Coupet Jr. had 13 points for the Salukis (4-3, 1-0).
Shamar Givance scored a career-high 31 points for the Purple Aces (3-7).
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Portions of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated December 2, 2021