Robinson scores 20 to lead W. Carolina over American 80-79
- Edey scores 38 as No. 1 Purdue rolls
- Bynum helps No. 23 Friars beat Villanova
- Pickett, Penn State race past Michigan
- Sherfield, Oklahoma rout No. 2 Alabama
- No. 4 Vols rule boards, top No. 10 Texas
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP) Nick Robinson had 20 points as Western Carolina held on to beat American 80-79 on Saturday night.
Cam Bacote had 16 points for Western Carolina (2-3). Joe Petrakis added 15 points. Vonterius Woolbright had 11 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
Jaxon Knotek scored a career-high 21 points and had three blocks for the Eagles (2-3). Stacy Beckton Jr. added 12 points. Matt Rogers had 12 points and nine rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated November 21, 2021