Bell lifts North Texas over UT-Arlington 64-36
- Michigan St. ousts East No. 2 Marquette
- FAU ends FDU's run to reach Sweet 16
- Hot-shooting Creighton knocks out Baylor
- Nowell's big 2nd half gets K-State by UK
- UConn makes first Sweet 16 since 2014
DENTON, Texas (AP) Thomas Bell had 19 points as North Texas easily beat Texas-Arlington 64-36 in nonconference play on Thursday night.
Tylor Perry added 12 points for the Mean Green (2-1), while Abou Ousmane scored 11.
Montez Young Jr. scored six points off the bench to lead the Mavericks (1-3). UTA's subs outscored the starters, who made just 4 of 21 shots in the game, 21-15.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Portions of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated November 18, 2021