O'Connell carries Creighton past Arkansas-Pine Bluff 90-77
- NCAA steering away from harsh penalties
- UK moves scrimmage to aid flood relief
- Former UCLA F-C Hill dies at 22
- 2-time champion UCLA G Lee dies at 70
- EMU's Bates charged with 2 felonies
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) Alex O'Connell scored 20 points as Creighton topped Arkansas-Pine Bluff 90-77 on Tuesday night in a season opener.
Ryan Hawkins had 16 points and 11 rebounds for Creighton. Ryan Nembhard added 15 points and 10 assists, and Arthur Kaluma had 15 points, eight rebounds and four blocks.
Trey Sampson had 29 points and 10 rebounds for the Golden Lions. Shawn Williams added 16 points and Brandon Brown had 14 rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated November 9, 2021