Fitzgerald Jr. carries Tennessee St. over UT-Martin 74-62
- Ex-Spartan star Payne killed in shooting
- States hands off when it comes to NIL
- Bonnies big man transferring to Iowa St.
- Florida lands Lofton, a 'proven winner'
- NIL expert: $50K minimum for Power 5ers
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Marcus Fitzgerald Jr. had 21 points as Tennessee State beat UT Martin 74-62 on Thursday night.
Fitzgerald Jr. hit 4 of 6 3-pointers.
Mark Freeman had 16 points for Tennessee State (2-6, 1-4 Ohio Valley Conference).
Cameron Holden had 20 points and eight rebounds for the Skyhawks (3-5, 1-3), whose losing streak reached five games.
Eden Holt, who was second on the Skyhawks in scoring entering the contest with 11 points per game, shot only 17% in the game (1 of 6).
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated January 7, 2021