Perkins leads Saint Louis over SIU-Edwardsville 89-52
- Proposed transfer rule back under review
- UCLA lands Canka from Italy
- Senators working on bill to tackle NIL
- 6 NCAA Tournament teams in Maui bracket
- Minnesota F Ihnen out for season again
Javonte Perkins had 22 points, Jordan Goodwin had a double-double and Saint Louis easily defeated Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 89-52 in the season-opener on Wednesday night.
Goodwin, the nation's top rebounding guard last year with 10.4 a game, had 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Billikens. Gibson Jimerson and Terrence Hargrove Jr. added 11 points apiece.
Sidney Wilson had 14 points and seven rebounds for the Cougars.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated November 25, 2020