St. Mary's uses balanced attack to beat Pacific
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
MORAGA, Calif. (AP) Dan Fotu scored 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting while collecting 10 rebounds and Saint Mary's beat Pacific 71-63 on Saturday night.
The Gaels sped to an 18-6 lead and were never seriously threatened. They led 35-20 at halftime before Pacific made inroads and reduced its deficit to 48-41 on a layup by Amari McCray with 11:53 left. But the Gaels extended its margin back to double figures and Elijah Thomas' jumper with 3:48 left made it 67-50.
Jahlil Tripp led Pacific (20-9, 8-5) with 17 points on 7-of-11 shooting. Jahbril Price-Noel scored 14 and McCray 10.
More AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated February 16, 2020