Ryan, Jean -Baptiste lead Chattanooga past Mercer, 70-61
- No. 11 WVU edges No. 10 Texas Tech late
- Top of AP poll steady; 'Bama now top 10
- Texas coach Smart positive for COVID-19
- Hokies suspend G Radford indefinitely
- Hauser hits 7 3s as No. 8 UVa tops 'Cuse
MACON, Ga. (AP) Matt Ryan and David Jean-Batiste each scored 17 points and Chattanoga held off Mercer 70-61 to earn its first Southern Conference win of the new season on Saturday night.
The Mocs built a 10-point advantage at halftime, 35-25.
Jean-Baptiste hit 3 of 6 from beyond the arc, dished three assists and collected three steals to lead Chattanooga (10-5, 1-1). Ryan was 2 of 7 from distance while Ramon Vila and Stefan Kenic each contributed 10 points.
Djordje Dimitrijevic, who made a 3-point field goal in each of his last 14 straight games, finished with 22 points for the Bears (6-10, 0-3). Maciej Bender added 14 points.
Chattanooga hosts Furman Wednesday. Mercer travels to Western Carolina Saturday.
Updated January 4, 2020