UC Santa Barbara pulls away late to beat Southern 77-68
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) JaQuori McLaughlin scored 24 points, Amadou Sow added 23 points, and UC Santa Barbara pulled away late to beat Southern 77-68 on Friday night.
UC Santa Barbara took its first lead of the game on McLaughlin's jumper that made it 40-39 at the 15-minute mark of the second half.
The Jaguars (3-10) opened the game on an 11-1 run and never trailed in the first half, going into the break with a 34-26 lead.
McLaughlin was 3 of 5 from 3-point range and the Gauchos were 8 of 15.
Ahsante Shivers led Southern with 22 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated December 21, 2019