Md-Eastern Shore beats Clarks Summit for first win of season
- Pac-12 to start hoops season November 25
- Maui Invitational moving to N. Carolina
- L'ville refutes recruiting allegations
- Accused racist Texas State coach resigns
- College hoops bubble remains possibility
PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) Canaan Bartley and reserves Ty Gibson and freshman Da’Shawn Phillip all scored 12 points and Maryland-Eastern Shore picked up its first win of the year by beating Division III-member Clarks Summit 85-39 on Sunday.
Phillip had a career-best six steals for the Hawks (1-9), who had 26 steals on the day. Bartley and Gibson both had three each.
Maryland-Eastern Shore shot 55% from the floor and 29% from behind the 3-point arc (8 of 28). Clarks Summit shot 43% overall but took 27 fewer shots.
Marcus Dixon paced the Defenders with 11 points.
Updated December 8, 2019