Avea scores 15 to carry Hawaii over Florida A&M 65-52
- No. 2 Baylor rolls behind Mitchell's 31
- UConn postpones game vs. No. 3 Villanova
- Ballock has 29 as Creighton rallies late
- No. 13 Ohio State holds off Penn State
- Badgers nearly blow lead but beat Terps
HONOLULU (AP) Samuta Avea registered 15 points and nine rebounds as Hawaii defeated Florida A&M 65-52 on Friday night.
Rod Melton had 11 points for the Rattlers (0-2). Kamron Reaves added 11 points. M.J. Randolph had six rebounds.
D.J. Jones, the Rattlers' leading scorer coming into the contest at 12.0 points per game, failed to make a shot (0 of 7).
Hawaii plays South Dakota at home on Sunday. Florida A&M matches up against Pacific on Sunday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated November 9, 2019