Munnings lifts Louisiana-Monroe over Kent St. 87-77 in CIT
- Defending champ UVa looks to fill holes
- No, 4 Duke expects balanced talent
- High expectations for No. 5 Louisville
- Deep No. 7 Maryland has high hopes
- Big 12 wide open after Kansas' run ends
MONROE, La. (AP) Travis Munnings had 28 points as Louisiana-Monroe beat Kent State 87-77 in the first round of the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament on Thursday night.
Munnings shot 10 for 13 from the field, including 5 of 6 from behind the arc.
JD Williams had 17 points for Louisiana-Monroe (19-15). Daishon Smith added 16 points. Michael Ertel had 14 points for the home team.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 21, 2019