Jamerson carries Norfolk St. past Alabama 80-79 in OT in NIT
- Duke up to No. 1, Kentucky drops to 9th
- Arkansas reinstates F Chaney from ban
- Alabama gives AD Byrne raise, extension
- No. 9 Kentucky struggles by Utah Valley
- Winston speaks after No. 3 Spartans roll
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) Derrik Jamerson Jr. had 25 points and made two free throws with 17 seconds left in overtime as Norfolk State narrowly defeated Alabama 80-79 in the NIT first round on Wednesday night.
Herbert Jones had 18 points for the Crimson Tide (18-16). Alex Reese added 17 points and seven rebounds. John Petty had 11 points, including a 3-pointer to tie it at 67 at the end of regulation.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 20, 2019