Whitley scores 24 to lead Norfolk St. over Howard 75-69
- G Langford out again for No. 1 Spartans
- Winston, Howard top AP All-America team
- UConn G Bouknight faces several charges
- Second man charged in death of Emmett
- Spartans preseason No. 1 for first time
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) Steven Whitley had a season-high 24 points as Norfolk State got past Howard 75-69 in the Mid-Eastern Conference Tourney semifinals on Friday night.
Derrik Jamerson Jr. had 15 points for Norfolk State (21-12). Mastadi Pitt added 14 points and six rebounds. Jordan Butler had 10 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks for Norfolk State.
Chad Lott had 21 points for the Bison (17-16). RJ Cole added 19 points and seven assists. Zion Cousins had 10 points and seven rebounds.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 15, 2019