Ajayi carries South Alabama past Appalachian St. 78-71
- No. 4 SDSU gets by UNLV to move to 21-0
- Maryland ends on 7-0 run to edge Indiana
- Spartans cruise to easy win over Gophers
- No. 25 Houston easily gets past USF
- Virginia holds off Wake Forest in OT
BOONE, N.C. (AP) Josh Ajayi matched his season high with 26 points as South Alabama got past Appalachian State 78-71 on Saturday.
Trhae Mitchell had 18 points and 11 rebounds for South Alabama (15-16, 8-10 Sun Belt Conference). Kory Holden added 15 points. Herb McGee had 12 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists for the visiting team.
The Jaguars improve to 2-0 against the Mountaineers for the season. South Alabama defeated Appalachian State 79-73 on Jan. 3.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 9, 2019