Fayne lifts Illinois St. past Evansville 65-60
- No. 2 Gonzaga extends win streak to 19
- Garza, No. 20 Iowa top No. 25 Ohio State
- ASU beats No. 14 Oregon as run hits 6
- Wright helps No. 18 Buffs hold off USC
- Green lifts No. 24 Arizona by Oregon St.
ST. LOUIS (AP) Phil Fayne had 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead Illinois State to a 65-60 win over Evansville in the first round of the Missouri Valley Conference Tourney on Thursday night.
The Purple Aces' 29.5 field goal percentage represented the worst mark by an Illinois State opponent this season.
Marty Hill had 16 points for the Purple Aces (11-21). K.J. Riley added 15 points and six rebounds. Evan Kuhlman had 10 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP-Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
Updated March 8, 2019