Ahmad, Awosika lead CSU Fullerton pat Long Beach State 85-82
- Iowa St. gets ex-De Paul G Coleman-Lands
- Texas Tech G Moretti turns pro in Italy
- Pac-12 OKs in-person workouts June 15
- Ewing out of hospital after COVID stay
- Hall of Fame coach Sutton dies at 84
Jackson Rowe scored 15 with 11 rebounds for CSU Fullerton (11-13, 7-3 Big West Conference), which led by as many as 12 in the second half before Long Beach rallied.
Long Beach State's Edon Maxhuni dribbled the length of the court and curled down the baseline, whipping a pass to Bryan Alberts for a 3-pointer that cut the gap to 83-80 with 22 seconds left. Deishaun Booker scored underneath making it 84-82 with 12 seconds to go.
The 49ers (9-17, 3-17) used a full-court press and double team to force a turnover with 8.1 seconds on the clock, but gave the ball right back with a traveling call.
Ahmad made 1 of 2 free throws at the other end and Awosika picked off Long Beach State to end the game.
Updated February 14, 2019