Simonds scores 29 to keep Georgia State in first place
- No. 5 Texas without Smart for No. 24 OU
- No. 11 WVU edges No. 10 Texas Tech late
- Top of AP poll steady; 'Bama now top 10
- Hokies suspend G Radford indefinitely
- Hauser hits 7 3s as No. 8 UVa tops 'Cuse
ATLANTA (AP) D'Marcus Simonds scored 29 points with four 3-pointers and Georgia State beat Georgia Southern 81-72 on Saturday to stay in first place in the Sun Belt Conference.
Georgia State scored 20 points off 15 Eagles turnovers.
Trailing 37-31 at halftime, the Eagles took their first lead of the second half with 15:18 left after a 3-pointer by Jackson. The lead changed hands 11 times after that, the final time when, down by one with 4:13 to go, Georgia State finished the game on a 13-3 run, including six free throws by Williams.
Updated February 2, 2019