Reed with 18 points, DePaul beats Providence 67-55
- No. 5 Virginia, No. 7 UNC aim to rebound
- Grimes, Houston cruise at South Carolina
- Saint Louis rips Tulane, wins 5th in row
- Down 15, No. 3 Terps rally to go 10-0
- Baylor deals No. 12 Arizona first loss
CHICAGO (AP) Paul Reed scored 18 points with a career-high 15 rebounds and DePaul surged late to beat Providence 67-55 on Saturday, snapping a three-game skid.
Strus hit a 3-pointer late in the first half to give the Blue Demons a 21-20 edge and Reed scored six points in a 12-3 run that stretched it to 33-23 at the break.
Providence fought back in a second half that featured four ties and two lead changes. The Friars (13-9, 3-6) were within two, 57-55, with 3:15 left when a Strus jumper followed by 3-point plays by Reed and Olujobi extended DePaul's lead to 65-55. Providence did not score after that.
Freshman David Duke scored 17 points to lead the Friars. Alpha Diallo added 15 points and eight boards.
Updated February 2, 2019