Georgia State wins seventh straight, beats South Alabama
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Winthrop stuns No. 18 Saint Mary's 61-59
- Vanderbilt moves to 2-0 under Stackhouse
- DePaul rips Iowa, off to 4-0 start
- Cincy rolls to first win under Brannen
Thomas scored 15 points with nine rebounds and Devin Mitchell made five 3-pointers for his 15 points for the Panthers (14-4, 5-0 Sun Belt).
Kane Williams gave Georgia State the lead with two free throws with 1:09 remaining and Thomas hit a 3-pointer 30 seconds later and added a free throw.
South Alabama had three shots at a tying 3-pointer in the final six seconds.
Josh Ajayi scored 24 points with 11 rebounds and three blocks and Rodrick Sikes scored 12 points for the Jaguars (9-9, 2-3).
Georgia State led by six at halftime and went up by 11 with 17 minutes to go after a 9-0 run. Ajayi scored four straight points to give the Jaguars their only lead of the second half with 1:39 remaining.
Updated January 17, 2019