SE Louisiana downs Lamar 76-69 for first conference win
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
- Seton Hall's Mamukelashvili won't go pro
HAMMOND, La. (AP) Marlain Veal scored 22 points with four assists, three rebounds and three steals and Southeastern Louisiana beat Lamar 76-69 on Wednesday night for its first conference win.
The Lions (5-12, 1-3 Southland Conference) snapped their eight-game skid with a 26-for-50 shooting effort while making 18 of 22 from the foul line. Southeastern Louisiana overcame its 16 turnovers with the help of Lamar's 23 personal fouls.
Keith Charleston's jumper midway through the second half gave the Lions a 48-47 lead with 10:26 left and started a 14-1 run and Lamar (8-10, 1-4) trailed the rest of the way.
Updated January 16, 2019