UCF wins despite Gardner's 35 points, 20 rebounds for ECU
- Ivy League suspends all fall sports
- NC State says 5 test positive for virus
- Texas Tech signs 7-foot-1 Russian center
- Boynton kept Cunningham from leaving OSU
- Cards halt hoops after 2 test positive
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Aubrey Dawkins scored 18 points and UCF beat East Carolina 76-65 on Sunday for its seventh straight win despite a 35-point, 20-rebound performance by freshman forward Jayden Gardner.
Gardner posted personal bests in collecting his seventh double-double. He had 17 points and 10 rebounds at halftime but the Pirates (8-8, 1-3) trailed by 12.
UCF maintained its double-figure lead most of the second half but a 3-point play by Gardner got the Pirates within six with 3:22 remaining. However, UCF's Terrell Allen scored six points in a 10-5 game-ending run.
The Knights' win streak is the program's longest since the 2010-11 team started the season 14-0. UCF has beaten ECU seven straight times.
Updated January 13, 2019