UIC ties record with 17 3s in 73-56 win over Cleveland St
- Ex-Florida St. C Ojo dies while training
- Tide G Petty to return for senior season
- Buffs' Wright IV to return next season
- Zags F Kispert returning for senior year
- Seton Hall's Mamukelashvili won't go pro
CHICAGO (AP) Tarkus Ferguson scored 18 points with six 3-pointers, seven rebounds and six assists and Illinois-Chicago pulled away in the second half to beat Cleveland State 73-56 Saturday.
The Flames tied a school record with 17 made 3s in 38 attempts; 44.7 percent. Their 3-point percentage eclipsed their overall shooting from the field - 26 of 63 (41.3) - and their 33.3 percent foul shooting (4 of 12). UIC (9-9, 3-2 Horizon League) first set the record on Feb. 8, 1996, against Northern Illinois University.
The Flames led 33-26 at halftime and outscored Cleveland State 29-16 in the first 10 minutes after the break.
Tyree Appleby led the Vikings (5-14, 0-6) with 23 points and Stefan Kenic scored 10.
Updated January 12, 2019