Nutall scores 18, Sam Houston St holds off Central Arkansas
- No. 13 Memphis, No. 14 Ducks in Portland
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Winthrop stuns No. 18 Saint Mary's 61-59
- Vanderbilt moves to 2-0 under Stackhouse
- DePaul rips Iowa, off to 4-0 start
CONWAY, Ark. (AP) Zach Nutall had 18 points and six rebounds and Sam Houston State defeated Central Arkansas 78-69 on Wednesday night.
Thatch Unruh, who averages 10.5 points per game, led the Bears (6-10, 1-2) with 27 points, his season high. DeAndre Jones scored 12 points.
Central Arkansas went on a 17-4 run late in the game to cut what had been a 20-point deficit down to seven, 74-67 with 36 seconds remaining. After Cameron Delaney missed a pair of free throws, Jones added two free throws to draw within 74-69 at 15 seconds. Josh Delaney then made two free throws, Unruh missed a 3-pointer and Josh Delaney made two more for the final score.
Updated January 10, 2019