Ford scores 23 as Saint Mary's beats BYU 88-66
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- Duke-Kansas opener highlights MSG games
- Gophers' Curry not fretting over injury
- Howard talks up Michigan at media day
- UK favorite in SEC for ninth year in row
Tanner Krebs had 14 points and seven rebounds for Saint Mary's (10-7, 1-1 West Coast Conference).
Fitts scored the Gaels' first 10 points - including three 3-pointers in an 82-second span - in a 17-4 spurt that made it 42-29 before TJ Haws hit a 3 to pull the Cougars within 10 at the break. Yoeli Childs scored BYU's first eight second-half points to trim the deficit to 49-40 with 16:55 to play but Saint Mary's scored 10 of the next 13 points to push the lead into double figures for good.
Childs had 21 points and 12 rebounds, his 10th double-double this season, and Haws scored 20 for BYU (9-8, 1-1).
Saint Mary's shot 55 percent from the field, committed just seven turnovers and had 10 steals.
Updated January 6, 2019