Fairleigh Dickinson shares the wealth, beats St. Francis
- No. 2 Baylor rolls behind Mitchell's 31
- UConn postpones game vs. No. 3 Villanova
- Ballock has 29 as Creighton rallies late
- No. 13 Ohio State holds off Penn State
- Badgers nearly blow lead but beat Terps
LORETTO, Pa. (AP) Darnell Edge scored 17 points and Fairleigh Dickinson used a hot start to defeat Saint Francis (Pennsylvania) 79-61 on Saturday night.
Fairleigh Dickinson (6-8, 1-1 Northeast Conference) led 40-24 after a first half in which the Knights shot 57 percent and had 10 assists on 16 field goals. They made six of their first seven shots, including three 3-pointers, to open the second half and the lead was 55-31. The lead peaked at 64-36 with 9:44 remaining.
Fairleigh Dickinson finished the game at 58 percent from the field with 17 assists on 33 made baskets.
Xzavier Malone-Key had 14 points and five assists for Fairleigh Dickinson.
Updated January 5, 2019