Minlend, Ferrari's late 3 help San Francisco beat Pepperdine
- Kentucky climbs to No. 1 in AP Top 25
- Grieving Winston keys No. 1 MSU's rout
- FSU tops No. 6 Florida, run in series 6
- Freshmen help No. 21 Arizona rip Illini
- Nwora, No. 5 Louisville beat Youngstown
Jimbo Lull tied his career high with 18 points on 8-of-12 shooting for San Francisco.
Lull's dunk with 4:25 to play gave the Dons (14-2, 2-0 West Coast Conference) their biggest lead at 63-57. Colbey Ross scored Pepperdine's first 10 points in a 12-4 run over the next four minutes that made it 69-67 when Kameron Edwards hit two free throws with 26 seconds left. Ferrari, who was just 2-of-11 shooting to that point, hit a contested pull-up 3 to put USF back in front and Jamaree Bouyea's steal and two free throws with 4.1 seconds to go sealed it.
Edwards had 19 points and 11 rebounds and Jade' Smith scored 13 with 11 boards for the Waves (8-8, 1-1). Ross finished with 17 points.
Updated January 5, 2019