Phiri, Powell lead LaSalle over UMass 69-60 in A-10 opener
- Washington St. surprises No. 8 Oregon
- No. 1 Zags roll to 33rd home win in row
- No. 22 Memphis rallies past Cincinnati
- No. 20 Colorado ends skid at Arizona St.
- Hazzard has 24 as Arizona routs Utah
Jack Clark's two free throws for a 3-point lead with 1:39 remaining started a stretch in which LaSalle scored its last 16 points at the foul line. Powell made 8 of 10 in the final minute and Phiri made the last six, cashing in on a technical foul with 12 seconds left. LaSalle, which was 2 for 3 from the line in the first 38 minutes, finished 18 of 21. UMass made 15 of 19 free throws.
The Minutemen led 29-27 at halftime and were up 51-49 with 3:36 remaining before a 3-pointer by David Beatty put the Explorers up for good, 52-51 with 3:12 to go.
Updated January 5, 2019