Fresno State builds big 1st-half lead, beats Colorado State
- Spartans preseason No. 1 for first time
- Wrist shelves Michigan's Wagner 4-6 wks.
- Kansas picked first in Big 12 poll
- Duke-Kansas opener highlights MSG games
- Gophers' Curry not fretting over injury
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) Deshon Taylor had 21 points and seven assists on Saturday night, and Fresno State built a big first-half lead and held on for a 78-67 win over Colorado State.
The Bulldogs (11-3, 2-0 Mountain West Conference) went on a 23-2 run starting near the midpoint of the first half to lead 34-12 with 3:44 left in the period. The Rams (5-10, 0-2) answered with a 10-2 run to close the half.
Fresno State scored the first four points of the second half for the largest lead of the period at 40-22. Colorado State had a 13-4 run to close the deficit to nine with 15 minutes left, and got back within nine at the 10-minute mark and within eight in the final two minutes.
Updated January 6, 2019